Sunday, March 23, 2008

finale

Well, I certainly discovered some new toys (L-O-V-E Pandora), and stretched my brain coming up with library connections and uses for them (I can see the Internet Archive being something I return to again and again). I liked keeping up with the Jones' in the 2.0 world, especially the teenaged Jones'. I don't know if I'll have any more luck continuing to use all these tools or blogging, but that's okay.
What I've gained from the process is understanding that the internet is a swiftly changing place, and knowing what's going on and what it looks like is good. However, it's okay if I'd rather spend my free time on other, more real world activities. Maybe the day will come when I'll be grateful for this specific training. I can foresee being asked for more information in audio and visual formats, for example. Maybe it will just have been an exercise in flexibility, which I can appreciate as well.
In terms of changes or unexpected outcomes, I'd like to see some of these tools crop up in innovative programs or patron services. I've outlined some ideas and I know other people have blogged about some of their own. I like learning for its own sake, but wouldn't it be cool to put all these ideas to use? Have a workshop or brainstorming session about using some of the ideas that are being tossed around? Just a thought...

No comments: