Thursday, March 13, 2008

On second thought, maybe sound is not the future.

Playing around with podcasts has been hard to do without annoying my audio-sensitive co-workers, but I've managed. However, I find I have a larger obstacle. For the same reasons I can't listen to talk radio, podcasting doesn't suit me. I can't stay focused on what's being said but I can't focus on anything else, either. Arg!
To prove I tried I'll present some remarks. I found PodcastAlley the most user friendly, although I wish it offered a location search. I did make use of Podcast.net's location search and discovered that Vancouver produces a lot of religious podcasts. Hmm...
I also wish the search engines gave the option of sorting results by date (as in the most recently updated feed). It only seems worthwhile to subscribe to feeds that are alive and productive, but most of my search results were long dead ones.
In terms of library related podcasting, SirsiDynix had many interesting topics, but they tended to be lengthy. LibVibe presents weekly, concise, worldwide library news (they made the bloglines cut). Being in the know about worldwide library news makes me feel like I'm part of an elite community. Because really, who else cares?

No comments: